Dates Available: 27th June (Sat), 29th June (Mon)
Timing: 0900 – 1230 hrs
Duration: 3.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk (location tba)
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 2 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$75. Early Bird Price: SGD$68 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June, 1st July and 2nd July
An ideal ‘first experience’ overview of dynamic Singapore, this tour features many highlights of this island nation, where ancient architecture meets modern innovation.
Start from the heart of old Singapore, passing St. Andrew’s Cathedral, City Hall, Padang and the legendary Raffles Hotel which has been restored to its original splendor. Travel through the exotic quarter of “Little India,” where the scent of fragrant jasmine and fresh spices perfumes the air. Kampong Glam, veteran creative hub which thrives on celebrating its colorful heritage, apparent from its lovely vintage shop-houses and street murals. Step into brightly colored textile shops, pick out a hand-knotted Persian rug and or taste aromatic Arabian teas in this Muslim quarter. Chinatown appears with its hubbub of trade and activity; stroll among Chinese medicine shops, teahouses, food hawker, acupuncturists and calligraphers as you wander along the vibrant narrow streets. End at Marina Bay, where you will be amazed by the city skyline surrounding the mythical Merlion.
What makes this tour unique?
- 101 introductory of Singapore’s multi-cultural society, heritage and culture
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- One bottle of mineral water
- Meals & Beverages
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
0900 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
0915 – Drive through Civic District of Singapore
0930 – Little India
1015 – Kampong Glam
1100 – Chinatown
1145 – Merlion Park
1215 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided