Dates Available: 26th June (Fri), 29th June (Mon)
Timing: 0930 – 1300 hrs
Duration: 3.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 3 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$118. Early Bird Price: SGD$106 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
Every major city has a Chinatown, an area where Chinese immigrants gather. But in Singapore, the Chinatown serves beyond the Chinese, with its maze of narrow roads housing restaurants selling traditional fares, indie boutiques offering clothes, crafts and souvenirs and trendy wine bars.
Join us on a journey down the alleyways of Chinatown, have a cup of Chinese tea, discover why Chinatown is named differently in mandarin, how an Indian and Chinese temple co-exist side by side, and learn how locals go about eating and living in this bustling part of Singapore.
You will also have a chance to see and eat at the world’s cheapest 1-Michelin star location in Singapore.
NOTE: As this tour contains lunch comprising of chicken and soya ingredients, guests with relevant dietary restrictions may not be able to fully enjoy this tour. Please indicate dietary restrictions during tour sign-up. We will try to accommodate guests with dietary restriction on a best-efforts basis.
What makes this tour unique?
- The ONLY tour in Singapore that brings you deep into the alleys of Chinatown to learn about its history, Singapore’s multi-culturalism and delectable local food offerings
- Experience Chinese tea in a traditional shophouse
- Learn why an Indian temple is located within Chinese dominant Chinatown
- Be a collector of Chinese products from antiques, costumes to trinkets and more
- Enjoy a meal at the world’s cheapest one-Michelin star restaurant
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Meals & Beverages
- One bottle of mineral water
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
0930 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1000 – Tour of Chinatown alleys, Buddhist and Hindu temple. Be a collector of intricately designed Chinese products and trinkets
1100 – Tea stop
1200 – Lunch at world’s cheapest 1-Michelin star restaurant
1245 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- As this tour contains lunch comprising of chicken and soya ingredients, guests with relevant dietary restrictions may not be able to fully enjoy this tour. Please indicate dietary restrictions during tour sign-up. We will try to accommodate guests with dietary restriction on a best-efforts basis.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided