Dates Available: 26th June (Fri), 28th June (Sun), 29th June (Mon)
Timing: 1400 – 1700 hrs
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 2 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$158. Early Bird Price: SGD$142 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
Reflecting Singapore’s unique heritage and geographical location, the National Gallery creates dialogues between the art of Singapore, Southeast Asia and world to foster and inspire a creative and inclusive society. Our museum docent will bring us on a journey to explore the rich history and architecture of what used to be the former Supreme Court and City Hall buildings, as well as the key highlights of DBS Singapore Gallery.
Next, we will take a short walk and embark on a scenic bumboat cruise through the city center. The bumboats have become the icon of our river to visitors and locals alike. Enjoy the majestic views of Boat Quay, Asian Civilization Museum and Merlion Park. Learn why they are called bumboats, their main purpose, the significance of this river to Singapore, why are they colored the way they are and more.
What makes this tour unique?
- The ONLY tour in Singapore with a docent led Architecture and Gallery tour of National Gallery Singapore, a national monument comprising of the former Supreme Court and City Hall
- Scenic bumboat cruise through the Singapore River
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Admission to National Gallery Singapore
- One bottle of mineral water
- Meals & Beverages
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
1400 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1430 – National Gallery Architecture and DBS Singapore Gallery Tour
1545 – Short walk to Merlion Park to board bumboat
1600 – Scenic bumboat cruise
1630 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible due to the bumboat ride. However, National Gallery is a wheelchair accessible museum.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided