Dates Available: 26th June (Fri), 29th June (Mon), 30th June (Tues)
Timing: 0900 – 1200 hrs
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 2 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$91. Early Bird Price: SGD$82 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
Kopi (local term for coffee) and Loti (local term for bread) are the must have for a traditional Singapore breakfast, and we are bringing you back to their roots by arranging for exclusive access to the last of these family-run businesses in Singapore.
Visit one of the few remaining local coffee roasters in a nondescript neighbourhood that even locals take for granted. Here, you will learn about roasting techniques that are unique to this part of the world, learn some coffee secrets, and sample freshly brewed coffee while meeting the heroes that are behind this factory.
Just as popular, is our visit to a local bread factory where only five remain. Here, we will give you a behind-the-scenes walk through to explain this oldie but goodie and why these are different from the mass-produced bread off the shelves. If you love old retro stuff that is fast going out of fashion, you will love to see the old equipment and wooden boards still used at old factories like these.
What makes this tour unique?
- The ONLY tour in Singapore which dives deep into the disappearing trades of Singapore
- Exclusive access to one of few remaining coffee roasting factory and opportunity to interact with the owner/workers
- Exclusive access to one of five traditional bakery and sample freshly made loaves iconic to Singapore
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- One bottle of mineral water
- Meals & Beverages
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
0900 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
0930 – Exclusive access to a Kopi Roasting Factory & sample of local breakfast snack
1045 – Exclusive access to a traditional bakery & sample of traditional bread loafs
1130 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided