Dates Available: 29th June (Mon), 30th June (Tues)
Timing: 1330 – 1700 hrs
Duration: 3.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 3 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price: SGD$98. Early Bird Price: SGD$88 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
Singapore’s ascent in the last 50 years has been nothing short of a miracle. It has one of the world’s best airports, 80% of its population living in quality-built government housing; and a plan to eliminate the need to import water by 2060. How did this small city-state of 5.5million people achieve this?
At the Singapore City Gallery, we will learn how planners think and plan for the next decade and beyond. Then, we learn about Singapore’s goal to achieve water self-sufficiency at the Marina Barrage. Lastly, we will visit the estate of Toa Payoh to learn about Singapore’s housing journey and experience the life of a Singaporean by taking a walk through Singapore’s oldest planned neighbourhood, the planned community rooms and coffeeshops.
What makes this tour unique?
- The ONLY tour in Singapore which explains Singapore’s ascension from a fishing village to modern metropolis through visionary urban planning, strategic water strategies and fundamental housing policies.
- Learn how Singapore city planners plan for the future and transform concept into realities
- Understand how one man’s vision transformed Marina Bay
- Experience how locals eat, live and play at one of Singapore’s oldest housing estate
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Snacks and drinks
- One bottle of mineral water
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
1330 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1400 – Singapore City Gallery
1445 – Marina Barrage
1530 – Toa Payoh Central housing estate
1600 – Tea stop at a local coffee shop
1630 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible at venues, but guests will need to be able to step up and down the bus. Please indicate during registration so that provisions can be made.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided