Dates Available: 26th June (Fri), 27th June (Sat)
Timing: 09.15am – 12.45pm
Duration: 3.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 3 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$126. Early Bird Price: SGD$113 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
This is all about the local livelihood of Singaporeans. What we eat, how we pray, where we stay.
We start off our journey at Singapore’s holiest street – Waterloo Street – where a Buddhist temple, Hindu temple and Jewish synagogue co-exist, a reflection of the multi-cultural and multi-religious aspect of Singapore.
Next, at a local hawker centre, be amazed by the kaleidoscope of food available at an affordable price, and sample some of these local staples for Singaporeans.
Finally, step into a Housing Development Board built home, where 80% of Singaporeans lived, for an intimate meeting with a Singaporean family, where you will learn about their lives, their daily chores and have a no-holds barred session where no questions are off limits.
What makes this tour unique?
- The ONLY tour in Singapore which provides in-depth insights of Singapore’s multi-culture & multi-religious society through the livelihood of local Singaporeans.
- Learn how Singapore’s harmonious multiracial, multi-religious society came about through efforts by the government and communities
- Exclusive access to a Housing Development Board built home and interact with the owner
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- One bottle of mineral water
- Meals & Beverages
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
9.15am – Tour departure from Tour Desk
0930 – Tour of Waterloo street, Singapore’s holiest street and learn about the different cultures and religious monuments
1015 – Sample local Singaporean delights at a popular Hawker Centre
1115 – Exclusive access to a Housing Development Board built home and interact with the owner
1200 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided