Dates Available: 29th June (Mon),30th June (Tues)
Timing: 0930 – 1700 hrs
Duration: 7.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 4 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$240. Early Bird Price: SGD$216 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
No doubt the blockbuster movie Crazy Rich Asians (CRA) has given this little red dot much fanfare and many foreign friends some preconceived notion on Singaporeans’ wealth. However, how accurate is the movie depiction of Singapore? This full-day programme presents reel and real, giving you a flavour of the high-life and the realities of life in Singapore.
We start the programme by showcasing where the Crazy Rich Asians lived. Then, we bring you to seek the “truth”; experiencing the livelihood of Singaporeans. Walk through the different types of housing that locals stay in, the usual local dining and shopping spots. While some might find these “truths” shabby, guests will actually witness the vivid colours behind Singapore’s cultures and be thrilled by the plethora of options within Singapore.
Lunch will be an experiential degustation in the famous street food venue featured in the movie – Newton Circus Hawker Centre !
Post lunch, we will hit the hot spots featured in the movie – CHIJMES, where the wedding of the century was held; and Gardens by the Bay, where the towering Supertrees provided the visually stunning backdrop for the wedding reception scene.
Guests will be brought on a journey through various sights and sounds that are depicted in the movie while our storytelling expert sheds light on Singapore being a favourite playground for the region. Expect to walk away with insider knowledge like no one fires a bazooka in a party and our accents aren’t anywhere close to the British crispness of Nick and Astrid’s.
NOTE: As this tour contains lunch comprising of various dishes featured in the CRA, guests with relevant dietary restrictions may not be able to fully enjoy this tour. Please indicate dietary restrictions during tour sign-up. We will try to accommodate guests with dietary restriction on a best-efforts basis.
What makes this tour unique?
- Differentiate between reel and real from the renowned movie!
- Experience the livelihood of majority Singaporean who are not the crazy rich Asians
- Photo moments at various movie spots!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Meals & Beverages during lunch
- One bottle of mineral water
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
0930 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1000 – Where the Crazy Rich Asians Lives – Drive through of Dempsey Hill/Cluny Park
1015 – Transfer
1030 – Where the real Singaporeans Lives – Toa Payoh Central (Coffee shop, void decks, amenities) + HDB My Home Gallery (2 and 4 room showroom)
1200 – Transfer
1215 – Where the CRA dines – Reel and Real Food – Zi Char Lunch at Newton Circus Hawker Centre
1345 – Transfer
1400 – Site of Colin’s Wedding – CHIJMES
1445 – Transfer
1500 – Site of Wedding Reception – Gardens by the Bay
1630 – Transfer
1700 – End of Tour. Or continue with a bash by having drinks at Ce La Vi (Guest expense)
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- As this tour contains lunch comprising of various dishes featured in the CRA, guests with relevant dietary restrictions may not be able to fully enjoy this tour. Please indicate dietary restrictions during tour sign-up. We will try to accommodate guests with dietary restriction on a best-efforts basis.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided