Dates Available: 26th June (Fri), 30th June (Tues)
Timing: 0930 – 1300 hrs
Duration: 3.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 3 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price: SGD$128. Early Bird Price: SGD$115 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
The vision of “City in a Garden” has been a visionary goal set by our founding fathers. Step foot into Singapore’s National Orchid Garden, a picturesque attraction that showcases the world’s largest family of flowering plants – orchids, followed by a free & easy time, exploring Singapore’s first and only UNESCO Heritage Site, the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
Lunch is scheduled at The Halia (Malay for ginger), which is located in the 10,000 square metre Ginger Garden of the Singapore Botanic Gardens where over 250 species of ginger with their stunning foliage and colourful flowers thrive. Enjoy the buffet lunch at an unobtrusive dining room with full height glass windows, allowing you to be dining in the tranquillity of the gardens, yet comfortably in a cool environment.
What makes this tour unique?
- The ONLY tour in Singapore with a guided tour of Singapore’s UNESCO site and exquisite lunch experience in a garden setting
- Learn interesting facts about Singapore’s first UNESCO World Heritage site
- Be captivated by the beauty of over 1000 species and 2000 hybrids orchids on display at the National Orchid Gardens
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Admission tickets to National Orchid Gardens
- One bottle of mineral water
- Meals & Beverages
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
0930 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1000 – National Orchid Gardens
1100 – Tour of Ginger Garden at Botanic Gardens
1130 – Lunch at Villa Halia
1230 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible at venues, but guests will need to be able to step up and down the bus. Please indicate during registration so that provisions can be made.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided