Dates Available: 26th Jun (Fri), 28th Jun (Sun), 30th Jun (Tues)
Timing: 1400 – 1700 hrs
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 2 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$198. Early Bird Price: SGD$178
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
Being a little red dot on the world map with no natural resources, Singapore often raises several eyebrows when they speak of treasures that are ‘Made in Singapore’. However, these people often just haven’t heard about the undisclosed authentic finds. Meet Brass Lion, a part of the growing group of passionate trailblazers that are keen on changing this perception. As pioneers in the local gin industry, Brass Lion believes in creating a sense of identity for Singapore through local ingredients and flavours.
Brass Lion stands as the first multi-concept distillery on the island and is home to not just a custom-made copper still from Germany, but also to a tasting room, a research and development lab, and a herb garden. Enlightened your spirit appreciation knowledge as you learn to nose a Neutral grain spirit and five different gins. The hands-on activities continue as you attempt to recreate signature cocktails. The programme ends off with a drink session (of course it does)!
What makes this tour unique?
- Meet pioneers in the local gin industry
- Learn about local ingredients and flavours
- Learn to nose a Neutral grain spirit and five different gins
- Craft your own Gin cocktail
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Craft your own gin
- One bottle of mineral water
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
1400 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1430 – Guided Distillery Tour
1515 – Cocktail Master Class
1600 – Drink Up
1630 – Depart back to starting point
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear. However, the venue is air-conditioned so guests may want to bring along cardigans to keep warm.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- legend for the difficulty level: i.e. Level 3: walking on less than 2 miles, flat path etc
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided