Dates Available: 26th Jun (Fri), 28th Jun (Sun), 29th Jun (Mon)
Timing: 1800 – 2200 hrs
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 3 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$175. Early Bird Price: SGD$158
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June
Geylang – infamous as Singapore’s only legalized red-light district, this area comes alive at night, not just from the leggy street walkers and red lanterns, but from the aroma of the best local food in this atmospheric quarter on Singapore’s east coast that bristles with great period architecture. Stay close, as we venture into the odd-numbered streets for food, and the even-numbered ones for the ‘other’ activities.
Partly untouched by urban projects and developments and largely spared by the gentrification process that has changed the face of Singapore since the 1970s, Geylang’s combination of shophouse scenery and hectic day and night life, including foreign workers quarters and karaoke lounges provides an alternative view of elements the rest of modern Singapore generally does not have. Shophouses along Geylang Road are protected from redevelopment, and many restaurants have sprung up along this major road.
Sample local zi-char – from Singaporean’s favourite prawn paste chicken to spicy frog leg; Stroll along winding lanes to hear stories on the multicultural makeup of the neighborhood; Challenge yourself to durian, a fruit known for its strong odor and frightening husk, and other beloved fruits to Singaporeans.
NOTE: As this tour contains dishes with seafood, meat and gluten, guests with relevant dietary restrictions may not be able to fully enjoy this tour. Please indicate dietary restrictions during tour sign-up. We will try to accommodate guests with dietary restriction on a best-efforts basis.
What makes this tour unique?
- Stroll along the unique streets and lanes that makes up Singapore’s red-light district
- Experience a VERY local dining setup and sample exotic food and fruits
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- Meals & Beverages during dinner
- One bottle of mineral water
- Transfer back to hotel. As this tour ends after convention shuttle timings, guests will need to make their own transfers back to the hotel.
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.
Itinerary (Timings are indicative and is subject to changes)
1800 – Tour departure from Tour Desk
1830 – VERY local dinner (note: non-air conditioned, may be deemed dirty to some guests)
1945 – Stroll of Geylang’s odd and even lanes
2030 – Fruits galore
2115 – Depart back to MBS. Guests can continue to explore and return on own expense.
2200 – End of Tour
Things to Note:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring along poncho/umbrella and water to stay hydrated.
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- A minimum of 10 pax is required to start the tour. In the event the tour is cancelled due to the minimum participants not being met, a full refund will be provided.
- A tour confirmation email will be sent 48hours prior to tour date.
- No switching of tours allowed due to the need for resource planning.
- Guests are advised to be punctual. Late comers will have to make their own way to the next site.
- No refunds will be provided for no-show on tour date.
- As this tour contains dishes with seafood, meat and gluten, guests with relevant dietary restrictions may not be able to fully enjoy this tour. Please indicate dietary restrictions during tour sign-up. We will try to accommodate guests with dietary restriction on a best-efforts basis.
- The tour will start and end at MBS. Tour participants can use the LCI shuttle bus service to travel between Hotel and MBS during shuttle bus operating hours. If no shuttle service is operating, the participant will need to take a taxi or public transport to their hotel. This cost is not included in the tour price.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price.
For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided