Dates Available: 27th June (Sat), 29th June (Mon), 30th June (Tues)
Timing: 0900 – 1230 hrs
Duration: 3.5 hours
Meeting Place: Tour Desk (location tba)
Min Grp Size: 10 pax
Intensity: 2 / 5
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price: SGD$75. Early Bird Price: SGD$68 (Book before 30th April 2020)
Note: Participants are to make their own way to MBS Convention and back to respective hotel for tours should the convention shuttle services have ended. This is mostly applicable for night tours and tours on 30th June, 1st July and 2nd July
An ideal ‘first experience’ overview of dynamic Singapore, this tour features many highlights of this island nation, where ancient architecture meets modern innovation.
Start from the heart of old Singapore, passing St. Andrew’s Cathedral, City Hall, Padang and the legendary Raffles Hotel which has been restored to its original splendor. Travel through the exotic quarter of “Little India,” where the scent of fragrant jasmine and fresh spices perfumes the air. Kampong Glam, veteran creative hub which thrives on celebrating its colorful heritage, apparent from its lovely vintage shop-houses and street murals. Step into brightly colored textile shops, pick out a hand-knotted Persian rug and or taste aromatic Arabian teas in this Muslim quarter. Chinatown appears with its hubbub of trade and activity; stroll among Chinese medicine shops, teahouses, food hawker, acupuncturists and calligraphers as you wander along the vibrant narrow streets. End at Marina Bay, where you will be amazed by the city skyline surrounding the mythical Merlion.
What makes this tour unique?
- 101 introductory of Singapore’s multi-cultural society, heritage and culture
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots
- Discover lesser-known areas with rich stories shared by our local guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop-off at conference venue
- Local Guide
- One bottle of mineral water
- Meals & Beverages
Tour Intensity Explained
- Intensity 2: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, though some stairs climbing may be required.
- Intensity 3: Walks are rarely over 2 hours in duration and 5km/3 miles in distance. Walking is mostly limited to flat terrain, but there might be some slops and steps involved
- Intensity 4: Walks may exceed 2 hours in duration and up to approx. 8km/5 miles per day, including walks on rocky and rugged ground, sometimes off the beaten track, including some challenging tracks, paths requiring a good sense of balance, and long uphill or downhill stretches.
Note: All listed tours have an intensity level between 2 to 4.