Terms & Conditions
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for ease of reference only and shall not be taken into account in the construction or interpretation of any provision to which they refer.
- This Website is owned and managed by Tribe Private Limited (“Tribe”). The use of this Website is subject to these Terms & Conditions.
- The Website is primarily intended for personal use and to provide you with details about the tours and services provided by Tribe, general tips on getting around Singapore, to check the availability of tours on specific dates and for you to make legitimate requests to book and make payment for tours. You may not use the Website to make any speculative, false or fraudulent requests. The use of robots or other automated means to access the Website is prohibited.
- By accessing or using the Website in any manner, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions. In the event that you are making a booking on behalf of third parties besides yourself, you are solely responsible for the successful communication of these Terms and Conditions to such parties. You are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same on behalf of such parties and you accept liability therefor.
- While Tribe makes every effort to ensure that the information available on the Website is free from errors, Tribe does not accept responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information published on the Website at any time without reference to you.
- Tribe does not accept responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever which may result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access the Website.
- Tribe reserves the right to amend and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time without reference to you. Accordingly, the onus is on you to periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not, without a written permission from Tribe, copy, reproduce, republish, transit and reuse the Website’s content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- In accessing or using this Website, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, inaccurate, objectionable or otherwise inappropriate. Any use of the Website is at your own risk.
- Any reproduction of the text, plagiarism and images contained in the Website is strictly prohibited. This shall be differentiated from sharing the Website’s pages on your personal social media websites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, email and RSS with your networks and friends.
- You may not reproduce any portion of the Website using any device including, but not limited to, use of a frame or border environment around the Website, or any other framing technique to enclose any portion or aspect of the Website, or mirror or replicate any portion of the Website.
- You may not modify, translate into any language or computer language or create derivative works from any content or any part of the Website.
- All prices are nett, inclusive of Goods & Services Tax, unless expressly stated otherwise. Children age 3 – 12 may enjoy a discount for the tours. For enquiry on child discount, please contact: email@example.com
- Tribe accepts payment for its tours and services via Visa & Mastercard.
- Full payment is required to make a tour reservation.
- You will receive a Booking Confirmation via email upon payment as acknowledgment and proof of payment. This Booking Confirmation, together with proof of identity or presentation of the credit card used for payment, is to be handed to Tribe prior to the embarkation on any tour.
- You agree to comply with and abide by Tribe’s safety, health and security arrangements. At the time of booking you will fully and truthfully disclose to Tribe in writing any allergy, medical condition, pregnancy or other health information that may affect your attendance and participation at tours.
- If in the reasonable opinion of a member of staff of Tribe or its tour guides, you are not fit to attend a tour, including but not limited to, appearance to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or likely to disturb or harm others during a tour, Tribe may refuse to let you attend the tour.
- Tribe shall use its best endeavours to consider the suitability of tour guides. Notice is hereby given that Tribe’s nominated tour guides are independent contractors and not employees or agents of Tribe, or, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50), Connected Persons.
- Tours start promptly, so you are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before the commencement of a tour. If you are late, Tribe shall not be obliged to conduct the tour for you from the beginning and reserves the right to commence the tour without you.
- The organization cannot take responsibility in case of delays due to extraordinary traffic conditions or sudden roads interruptions.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on board (except for water) buses and boats as a manner of respect for the driver and the next customer. The additional cleaning resulting from soiling and / or non-compliance with the rule, will be charged to the customer at a cost of SGD$150 + GST. The group leader is responsible for the verification at the end of the service, after which time complaints will not be accepted.
- In the event you wish to leave the tour before the end, please make sure you inform the tour leader/guide and return you headset. Thank You!!!
- Tribe does not provide liability insurance for the protection of Participants who participate in Tribe’s tours and activities.
- Participant’s participation in our tours is at participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, by purchasing a ticket and / or participating in Tribe’s tour or activity forever and unconditionally releases the company, and any affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, shareholders and directors of the foregoing limitation (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in Tribe’s tours or activities, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, to any one else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or wilful conduct of the company or any of the released parties. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the tours or activities.
- This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof, as well as those disclosed and known to exist. The provisions of any state, federal, local or territorial law or state providing substance that releases shall not extend to claims, demands, injuries, or damages which are known or unsuspected to exist at this time, to the person executing such release, are expressly waived.
HEALTH, MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- By purchasing tickets for and/or participating in a Tribe’s tour or activity, the Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the tours/ activities including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death.
- By purchasing tickets for and/or participating in a Tribe’s tour or activity you acknowledge and represent that the Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while participating in a Tribe’s tour or activity.
REQUESTS FOR CHANGES TO TOUR DATES
- All requests for modifications and changes must be in writing via email and each request will be considered on an individual basis.
- Subject to Clause 30 hereof no charges will be levied for a request for change of date of tour dates if such request is made before 1st June 2020 0000hrs (GMT+8). This will be based upon the time of receipt of the written request or email.
- Acceptance of requests for change of any tour date is subject to availability of our service providers, private tour guides and/or transport companies. Tribe will take all reasonable steps to find replacements and offer alternative tour dates should any of the above be unavailable due to the change of tour date. Tribe makes no guarantee or warranty that it can procure the availability of a tour on the alternative date requested by you. Tribe reserves the right to offer alternative tour dates to the ones requested by you.
- Additional charges and costs relating to your requested change of date, including but not limited to charges levied by service providers, private tour guides and/or transport companies and administrative charges, shall be borne by you.
- If Tribe offers alternative tour date/s to the ones requested by you and you are not able to attend such alternative tour dates, or if you choose not to, you will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price of the tour booked by you LESS any additional fees, or changes and expenses levied by, including but not limited to, service providers, tour guides, transport companies and venue operators. For the sake of clarity, this applies only to the situation where a request for change of tour date is made, and Tribe offers alternative tour dates that you are not able, or choose not to attend and shall not be considered or treated as a cancellation of a tour for the purposes of Clauses 36 to 40 hereof.
- Tribe will use its best endeavours to avoid changes to the tour date or amendment or modification to your booking. However, in circumstances where the change, amendment or modification is not under the control of Tribe but made by a third parties, including but not limited to changes to ticket prices to venues, tour dates, tour itineraries and/or age requirement, Tribe reserves the right to substitute the venue or tour guide and/or change itineraries accordingly.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, all purchases and payments are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable to another date or tour.
- All requests for cancellations must be in writing or sent by email to the secretariat email address and each request will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- For cancellation before 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), delegates will receive a refund of 30% of the tour’s retail price;
- For cancellation after 1st June 0000hrs (GMT+8), no refund will be provided
- For no-shows on the day of the tour, no refunds will be made and retrospective requests for refunds will not be entertained.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS & PRIVACY
- Tribe respects the intellectual property rights of others and it will not condone or permit the posting of any content of the Website by you that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights.
- In the event of such infringement, you shall indemnify Tribe, its employees, servants, agents and service providers, from any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, compensation, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever. In these circumstances, Tribe reserves the right to terminate any tour booking or further transactions with you.
- In providing your email address, you hereby permit Tribe to add your email address to its database of others. Tribe shall abide by the privacy provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Tribe shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the integrity of your personal particulars and confidential information entrusted to Tribe are not compromised and shall not release the same unless required to by law.
- Occasionally, a member of staff of Tribe may take photographic or video images of activities of any tour for the purposes of advertising, publicity or sponsorship. If you do not wish to be included in such images, please inform Tribe in writing prior to the tour, failing which you irrevocably waive any and all rights which you may have now or in the future under statutory or common law.
RISK ACKNOWLEGMENT, RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION
- While Tribe takes all practical and reasonable attempts to minimise any risk of injury to you or your property, you acknowledge that your attendance or participation at any tour is at your own risk. You release and indemnify Tribe, its employees, servants, agents and service providers from any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, compensation, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever in any way arising out of or resulting from your attendance or participation in any tour including without limitation any and all claims, actions and liabilities for injury, loss or damage to you, to anyone else or to any property, unless the same was caused by the gross negligence of Tribe and recoverable on the ground following judgment of the Courts of Singapore.
- You will reimburse Tribe for any damage to its property caused by you/your child/ward.
- Tribe is not liable for delay in performing or for failure to perform its obligations if the delay or failure results from any of the following: (i) Acts of God, (ii)outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, (iii) the act of any government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), (iv) fire, explosion, flood, fog or bad weather (v) power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, failure or breakdown of plant, machinery or vehicles (vi) default of suppliers or sub-contractors (vii) theft and (viii) any cause or circumstance whatsoever beyond Tribe’s reasonable control.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall for any reason be properly adjudicated by the court or other legal and/or competent authority to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions or parts of the same contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore and you submit yourself to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
This policy statement provides information on the obligations and policies of Tribe Pte Ltd (the “Company”) under the Personal Data Protection Act (the “PDPA”). All collection and/or storage and/or transmission and/or usage of personal data by the Company shall be done in accordance with the obligations and requirements of the PDPA. Any information or data you provide to us will be used only for the need of our business operation. For the sake of safeguarding your interest, the Company hereby makes following statement of how we collect users information, what information we collect from you, our utilization of the information and personal information enquiry or update and so forth. The Company hopes that the statement may help you know how the Company handles your personal information.
By using the website you consent to our collection and use of your personal data as described in this Personal Data Collection Policy. If we change our Personal Data Collection Policy and procedures, we will post those changes on the website to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
Collection of personal data and user information
If you are a visitor not a registered user (non website member) nor a customer for our booking or purchasing service on the website, you do not need to provide any personal data to the Company for navigating the website.
If you are a registered user (website member) or a customer for our booking or purchasing service on the website, the Company collects your personal data for administrating and fulfilling your application for online service, services for online members or demand for booking or purchasing travel products on the website.
The Company will not collect your personal data without your consent. When you visit the website, we may collect two types of information from you:
For the purpose of registration and administration of the Company’s travels products and services, you may be requested to provide personal data including but not limited to the following data, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
• email address;
• telephone number;
• identity reference; and
• credit card or bank account information;
The Company may collect your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration, as well as your browsing records on the website for the Company’s internal use only for the purpose of improving our web service that has nothing to do with your personal information.
Important notice on personal data usage
All personal data collected on the website is for the Company’s internal use and restricted within the specified range of utilization purposes.
We may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
1. when communicating with you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions;
2. when answering your request for information or services, whether submitted by you online, over the phone, or through other methods;
3. when either developing or improving our relations with our supporters, prospective present and past donors, by enabling us to contact appropriate individuals with relevant information such as newsletters, research and invitations to join our activities or events;
4. when managing your enquiries;
5. when issuing your receipt;
6. when confirming your donation arrangement, mailing or online correspondence, or event participation;
7. when processing and managing your application to join our membership, event participation or sponsorship, enewsletter subscription, public tours, or product purchase;
8. when signing-up or joining one of our travel talks;
9. when communicating with you about content-related announcements;
10. when improving the content and related services, and for statistical and other analysis, to help us improve our website and our services;
11. when providing to our service providers, who perform services solely for our use in accordance with this policy;
12. when fulfilling the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone, SMS or other means.
The Company may disclose your personal data to a third party under following circumstances:
– In the event that you choose to book or purchase a travel product through the website, we will disclose your data to an airliner, hotel, travel agency, Company’s branch, or other relative third party for tour arrangement or transaction settlement;
– With exceptional emergency case, your data may be disclosed on demands of law, court order, government or executive authorities.
Otherwise than above-mentioned circumstances will the Company disclose your data to a third party or utilize for else purpose without your consent. The Company employs strict safeguard measures keeping your data from unauthorized access by anybody else including the Company’s own staff.
Except personal data, any enquires, comments, suggestions or information sent to the website are regarded as non-confidential or non-proprietary data provided to the Company out of your own willing and the Company reserve the right to use, copy, transmit or post the data of these categories.
How we protect your personal data
The Company is committed to safeguarding web users’ personal information in respect of its collection, use, retention security, transfer and access. Personal data is collected by lawful and fair means and only used for lawful purposes directly related to the functions and activities of the Company. We take all reasonable practical steps to ensure that personal data collected and retained is accurate and protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We limit the use of and access to your personal data to our designated employees and authorized agents, who are instructed to handle your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Collection Policy. Your personal data will be stored in our secure internal system.
Use of your personal data
The personal information you have provided to the Company will be treated as strictly confidential. Your personal data will be used solely for purposes of handling your enquires, receipting, providing travel’s news, communication, feedback collection, recruiting, inviting you to travel talks and relevant activities.
Under the PDPA, you have the right of access and correction with respect to personal data. Request for personal data access and correction should be made to the Company in writing. In addition, if you do not wish to receive any communications relating to any services concerning the Company or this website, you may contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
The website provides hyperlinks to other websites that are neither established by nor under control of the Company. When you click such links you are leaving the website on your own risk for any damages or failure of performance. This Personal Data Collection Policy does not apply in respect of such third party websites, and we are not responsible for any personal information about you which they may collect. These third-party hyperlinks are supplied only for the convenience of the website’s visitors
While we aim to use a “secure mode” whenever we request personal information, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the website or any electronic mail (email) will be secure, since such information or email sent over the Internet is not secure.